Warranties & Returns
All devices (Smart Phones and Tablets) carry a 24-month Manufacturer warranty with the exception of the Apple iPhone which has a 12-month warranty unless otherwise specified on the actual product description.
This warranty is honored on all Vodacom/TechnoMobi sold devices (applicable too contract/prepaid and cash customers), kindly refer to your Manufacturer User Guide for additional information regarding warranty terms and conditions. It is advisable to keep this Guide in a safe place.
1. Out of Box Failure (OBF)
- Only applies to new handsets that are defective when first switched on.
- Return of new devices is only valid for a 7-day period from the date of purchase.
- Valid Proof of purchase is needed, such as the Invoice.
- Original Packaging must be intact with original contents (Accessories, Device, Manual, Original Charger etc.)
- No physical damage or signs of neglect to the device and its original accessories, such as liquid damage, dent, marks, screen scratched etc.
- You will be held liable for any damages caused to the device and its original accessories while in your possession.
- IMEI number on the packaging must match the IMEI on the device.
Failure to comply with the above, the device will not be assessed, and the device will be treated as a repair. Therefore, an OBF will not be issued.
2. Process of OBF
- Collection of the device will be arranged.
- The device will be assessed, tested and a conclusion will be issued.
- Once a fault description has been submitted, Technomobi may reject the OBF if the fault has not met the requirements.
- If the OBF fault has been approved, the unit will be replaced within 72 hours or depending on stock availability.
3. 7-Day Cooling Off Period (Applicable to Accessories Only)
- Once you decide to return a non-defective product, you may do so within the 7-day cooling off period for an exchange/refund or credit.
- The product must be returned in its original sales condition within the 7-day cooling off period.
- Please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use the product.
- You will be held liable for any damages caused to the product while in your possession.
- If a product and device is not returned in its original sales condition, Technomobi has the right to reject a return or exchange.
4. Defective Devices
- With regards to cellular and WiFi-enabled devices, inserting a SIM card, logging onto a cellular network as well as connecting to a WiFi network is seen to be used.
- Before Technomobi grants approval for your return request, the manufacturer (warranty provider) or service provider (in this regard Vodacom) will inspect the product you would like to return at any of their authorized premises, or Technomobi will collect the product from you so that the product you would like to return can be sent to accredited Manufacture pre-inspection agent premises for inspection of the product. This may take between 7 – 21 working days (not including courier time).
- If the device has been found defective within the supplied period of the manufacturing warranty (excluding any software related issues) you will be entitled to have the unit repaired free of charge or replaced by the complied warranty of the manufacturer.
- If the product is found not be defective (or if fault is caused by means other than the terms of warranty set out by the manufacturer), you will NOT be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair, and you will be liable for the costs incurred for having such a product collected from and returned back to you.
Products that have been returned damaged, neglected, scratched, modified will not be accepted and therefore will be sent back to the customer. If a refund is suitable for a product but the product has not been returned in its original packaging, the refund will be processed with less depreciation to cover any damages or losses.
We reserve the right to refuse a return or an exchange if products are not returned in its original, saleable condition.
5. Incorrect Delivery
Please take note of the following if the incorrect product was delivered to you. (i.e. it is not the product you purchased).
- Please do not open the packaging of the product, remove the products from its original packing or use the product in any way.
- Any product that has been incorrect delivered remains the property of Technomobi until otherwise specified.
- Technomobi holds the right to reject the return of a product if the original packaging has been opened, damaged, and not returned in its original sales condition
- Please get in contact with us to arrange collection and deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible.
6. Pre-owned/ Demo Devices:
- Any previously owned, demo or CPO devices has been approved by the manufacture through specific testing.
- Any previously owned, demo CPO devices has a 7-day return/refund warranty unless otherwise specified within the product listing.
- Please take note of the warranty period of any pre-owned devices.
TechnoMobi shall not be liable for any loss, cost, claim, or damage of whatsoever nature (excluding injury or death) suffered by the customer in relation to the device, however arising.
All support and/or maintenance offered in relation to the device is provided by the manufacturer thereof and TechnoMobi shall not be liable for any loss, cost, claim, damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the customer in relation thereto including without limitation any failure of the manufacturer to provide same.